Kenilworth, New Jersey

History
In the late 1890's, the New Orange Industrial Association purchased some farms in portions of Cranford and Union and divided them into building lots. The lots were sold through illustrated brochures that pictured beautiful parks, lakes, an opera house, and yacht clubs, which existed only in the promoter's imaginations.

The Industrial Association brought in several large industries and lured Upsala College from Brooklyn with a gift of free land for its campus.

Because New Orange was often confused with one of the Essex County Oranges, the community adopted the name Kenilworth when it was created as a borough in 1907.

 

 

Kenilworth Town Page

Search Kenilworth, New Jersey Homes for Sale

All information deemed to be reliable but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate for sale on this website comes in part from the IDX Program of Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. Real estate listings held by other brokerage firms are marked as IDX Listing. This information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
The dissemination of listings on this website does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker.
Copyright © 2019 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.